Saturday, January 13, 2007

best football weekend of year

It's Round 2 of the playoffs -- arguably the most exciting two days of football in the season. The eight best teams are left for four (typically very good) games. My "rooting for" picks:

Colts & Ravens
I must admit, I'm a Peyton Manning fan, so I'm leaning Colts. I also have the "they beat my team" factor playing (as the Chiefs were beat painfully last week), so if they win the Superbowl then we could have, too. COLTS.

Bears & Seahawks
I'm the least interested in this game, but am generally a fan of Seattle. However, I like the Bears' story this year, and I think Grossman can do it. BEARS

Patriots & Chargers
Being a Chiefs fan I got to know Marty pretty well, and I'm now to the point I'm rooting for him. I would like to see L.T. play deeper into the playoffs as well. And I'm bored with the Patriots. CHARGERS

Saints & Eagles
Two good stories. New Orleans/Katrina/Drew Brees vs. Dumped T.O./McNabb Injury/Jeff Garcia resurgence. I had Brees on my fantasy team this year (and can keep him for next season), so I'm rooting New Orleans 'til the end. SAINTS

No comments: