Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Speeches

All in all, Election Night was pretty uneventful in terms of "who's gonna win" drama. That never seemed to be in doubt.

What I wasn't prepared for were two of the best speeches I've heard in a long time. McCain was incredible, and I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering where this John McCain was hiding for the last six months. He's a true patriot in every sense of the word, and I hope he's able to do exactly what he wants to do the rest of his life.

Obama set the course for the near-future, inspiring as he has for so many months, and leading me to become more interested in the process than I had ever been. I'm excited to see what happens over the next 4-8 years.

3 comments:

Erick said...

two things:

1) I agree on the speeches. Obama's was amazing--inspirational and hopeful. Now I hope it isn't just empty rhetoric. McCain's was classy and gracious. He is a true hero.

2) This was posted at 4 a.m. What's up with that?

DVD said...

Amazing to me how Obama pivoted from the history of the moment to challenging us all on what amazing history will our kids be experiencing when they reach old age. The "Yes We Can" reprise left me verklempt.

Brian said...

I guess by Blogger clock is off (must be set to West Coast or something). I wasn't posting at 4:00.